February 16, 2006

how big a dork am i? oh.... BIG.

even i'm getting sick of my own foot-related self-pity, so i'll leave you with something else before i head out... :-)

i know i've hinted at the fact that i'm obsessed with law & order before, but if you were unsure the extent to which this was true, the follow IM conversation may enlighten you...

Law School Friend (LSF): we are having an ethical debate in class and there's one girl who is totally defensive who won't shut up
Me: what is the ethical dilemma?
LSF: at what point plea bargaining becomes coercive rather than an incentive
Me: ah
Me: that is often a point of contention on law and order

LSF: LOL
Me: i therefore feel fully qualified to have an opinion
LSF: seriously, your opinion may be just as qualified as some people in here...
Me: well on law & order, they pretty much always make a witness sound shady if they're testifying as part of a plea bargain
LSF: LOL
LSF: witnesses are always shady
Me: i'm such a nerd from watching the show
Me: every once in a while i'll memorize a license plate
Me: or like check the time that i hear tires squeal outside
Me: just in case the detectives ask me questions during a routine canvas
LSF: HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Me: IT COULD HAPPEN
LSF: *cough*
LSF: Yes.

Me: SHUTUP IT COULD

13 comments:

  1. You crack me up, Alice! Law and Order is a good show, but I don't have to tell you that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thank goodness i'm not alone ... thought i was the only one that did that !
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could...good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So did you hear anything strange or out of the ordinary last night?
    How would you describe your neighbors, specifically the strange quiet guy across the way?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could SO happen!!!!

    (You got room in that boat for me? As soon as the screen shows Law and Order, I yell "SEEN IT", because I probably have!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the exact same way. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm more of a CSI kinda gal myself. Oh, and Killer Instinct.

    Law and Order is cool too though, I'll give you that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always memorizing license plates, too, for the exact same reason. I thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROTFL

    Sounds like the type of convo I would have with my friends :)

    -N

    ReplyDelete
  10. how are you doing? how are the feet???

    ReplyDelete
  11. So . . . how long 'til your application to join the FBI comes through?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time to Kill Your Television!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I try to note plate numbers as well if I feel I just witnessed something shady! But I don't watch Law and Order! I know, that in itself is a crime!!!!

    ReplyDelete