September 13, 2005

insanity: good for the vocabulary

you know it's bad when you're too lazy to even procrastinate.

i mean, come on... what is the numero uno best way to waste a day? blogging, obviously! except i've been TOO LAZY TO TYPE. i have spent 2 entire days at work staring stupidly at my screen, occasionally putting forth the monumental effort to scroll down or change webpages just so the image doesn't get burned into my desktop. (do computers still do that? i know it was the Big Fear at my house back in the day, when we finally got a Somewhat Decent Computer with Internet. which was in highschool. and my dad always reminded us not to leave the computer on a page and go to dinner, or whatever, or that screen would be Burned Into the Background Forever and Ever and The Gods Of Technology Would Weep. or something. i'm aware i'm babbling. please keep in mind that i'm working on about 30 braincells right now. the rest are on strike.)

so, back to the original ramble. i would say "the point," but i clearly don't have one, nor do i anticipate one anytime in the near future. me = slightly delusional today, which = no point. and i am unapologetic. NO APOLOGIES! I HAVE NO POINT! AND I DON'T CARE! *cue maniacal laughter, followed shortly by men who wrest me into a straightjacket*

i just looked up "wrest" at dictionary.com due to a sneaking suspicion i wasn't using it correctly, and it seems i was right. i could wrest a straightjacket AWAY from the fun farm employees, but i don't believe they can wrest me INTO one. darn. it's such a lovely word, too.

speaking of dictionary.com, i love that site because i am an enormous dork. first of all, they email me the word of the day, which is awesomely dorky. second of all, they have one of the few online crossword puzzles that the sneaky work server doesn't block, so if i want to procrastinate in a non-braindead way, i can do the crossword puzzle. and that crossword puzzle lets you cheat and set it so the letters come out red if they're wrong. it's practically impossible not to win at that one! whee!

and now, ladies and gentleman, i have to try to harness the impending insanity and go teach piano to young children. without scaring them. you know what sucks about not being able to drink while on antibiotics? NOT BEING ABLE TO DRINK WHILE YOU ON ANTIBIOTICS. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE STRESSED OUT AND NEED A DRINK AND THUS GO INSANE INSTEAD. AND SUDDENLY HAVE AN INEXPLICABLE PROCLIVITY FOR THE CAPS LOCK KEY. and big words, too, apparently. whee! insanity! it's fun!

11 comments:

  1. Another "dictionary.com" fanatic. I used it all the time in my blog because sometimes those typed words just don't look right... or i wonder if I'm using the word correctly and imagine readers (if i even had any) laughing their arses off. Which is not a bad thing... making people laugh... just not at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "triskaidekaphobia" I know the definition of this word even though it was emailed to me awhile ago by Dictionary.com. It's so strange sounding you can't help but remember. Anyway, if you're on antibiotics see if you can drink SOJU instead of alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha. I'm impressed b/c there is no way I'd have the patience to teach piano to kids...i would be pulling my hair out in clumps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have taught piano to kids before, and am fairly certain that that activity is one of the lesser known meanings of "insanity.." go crazy with the caps lock, girl. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! It sounds like you are sleep deprived. ;)

    I also am a fan of Dictionary.com! Who cares if it is somewhat dorky, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOJU? Like.. soy juice?
    ------------------------
    Maybe you just need an L. I think you can definitely get wrestLed into a straitjacket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The question is...would they let you blog from the psych ward?

    -N

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a post for being to lazy to even procrastinate! I think I'm going to use that next time in my house when I'm lazing around!! Sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I beat ya to it! I past the insanity point....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my friend, the fellow word nerd. You do me proud. I would look up a better word for proud, but speaking of lazy, well, I am. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. By the way, I think it would be a lot of fun seeing what I could "wrest" you into or out of, or...

    Never mind. :p

    ReplyDelete