August 29, 2013

Pulling together a wedding theme

So far in the wedding planning process, Chris and I have:

a) narrowed down a date (April-ish); 
b) narrowed down a venue (still working on the details there); 
c) figured out who we want in our wedding party; and
d) decided to have a friend to officiate our wedding

Additionally, I've sort of non-noncommittally sort of-ish decided on a general wedding color theme, which so far has amounted to "...eggplant? I think? I don't know, do you like eggplant-ish?"

OH, and also, I bought a wedding dress. 

(I did that, like, 2 weeks after getting engaged, the first time I went to try on dresses. My mom was in town so my parents could meet Chris's parents, so it seemed like a good a time as any to do my first preliminary excursion... and then I up and bought a dress on the spot. So! Exactly one decision down!)

ANYWAY. So at this juncture, my entire "theme" is composed of "eggplant. ish. I think."

Which is why it is so awesome that Jenn (one of my maids of honor) sent me this picture, with the advice to cancel the order on the dress I already bought, since she had found me THE ONE:



Done, you guys. The entire rest of the wedding is being designed around this dress. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh my god, you have to get the curtains too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alice, it's PERFECT. You'll be the queen of the eggplants. (also, my "colors" --if you could call them that, blech--are wine, grey, and black. I'm so cheery)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll never be forgotten as the Eggplant Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a door painted in eggplant (the color-ish, not the vegetable) and it was not that vivid. Oh, that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - well, that will be one wedding your guests (and the planets above) won't soon forget!

    ReplyDelete