from the top left, we have:
- two packs of birth control. thanks, annual ob/gyn visit yesterday!
- my "big wallet." this holds stuff like membership cards (to library, health care, etc) and business cards for various doctors etc. basically, stuff i need but don't NEEEED all the time.
- my "small wallet." this goes with me whether i have my purse or not, and contains my ID, credit card, debit card, metro card, and any cash i have at the moment.
- my business card holder. i don't actually usually have this with me, but i was at a conference for work all last week.
- extra business cards
- decongestant. crippling sinus headaches that come on all of a sudden are NO JOKE, people.
- hand sanitizer. it's about 6 years old. i do not sanitize frequently.
- l'occitane hand lotion. LOOOOOVE.
- random lip gloss (made with.. carrots? or something?) - swag from Blogher. Blogher '09. oops.
- burt's bees chapstick. cannot live without.
- unopened eyeliner that i believe i received as a secret santa gift last christmas. *possibly* something i can remove from my bag at this point..
- random change. into the change jar it goes tonight!
- i love this thing: it's a collapsible purse hanger (sort of like this one) that my mom gave me for christmas one year. i use it all the time.
- blood donor card. i'm O Negative! best blood ever!
- ONE MEEEEELLION pens. turns out i had those 6 identical ones stashed in an inside pocket - they're from my old job, when i went to a charity thing at a school like a year ago and needed things to hand out to kids.
- a shocking amount of gift cards that i need to use.
- free samples i got after a facial last weekend
- coupon for kitty litter. i lead a glamorous cat lady life, people.
- two checks i need to deposit
- gum. i ALWAYS have gum in my purse, although i've never tried this flavor before. (i'm.. sadly excited to try it.)
- almonds & cranberries from a starbucks meal things i had completely forgotten about
- recommendation (along with accompanying drawing!) of something called a "thera-cane" that the last masseuse i saw recommended i buy, because my back is THAT MESSED UP right now. it's a post of its own, but you know the rib dislocation problem? NOT RESOLVED.
- key card for work
- jump drive. never leave home without one!
- pepper spray
- "backup" makeup pouch. inside is:
i.. don't wear a lot of makeup, turns out.
- bare escentuals foundation
- ulta concealer
- maybelline great lash mascara (classic, but awesome)
- ulta eyeliner (meh)
- covergirl blush
- dog paw
speaking of dog paws, have i ever shown you guys chris's dog, dozer?
dozer, meet the internet.
(you'll note that while you can't see it in motion here, his large and enthusiastic tail has rearranged all my purse contents behind him.)
dozer is.. pretty large. like 115 lbs large. although he doesn't seem to realize it, and would gladly climb into your lap if you'd let him. i don't particularly recommend it though; 115 lbs of lab is not as comfortable as you might think.
he's such a good dog. enormous and barky when strangers come to the door, but a total pushover goober 5 seconds later. (he was not home during the burglary, unfortunately, for anyone wondering about that.)
aaanyway. my purse! voila! please to let me know if you do the same so i can peer into your personal items too...